Saturday 3 October 2009

rec. - visual communication.

For the first task of this project we were asked to pick a noun out of one tub (there were loads of little folded up papers so it was completely random) and an adjective from another tub. I picked 'angry' and 'record'. We were then asked to ask somebody that if they could go anywhere in the world on holiday right now, where would it be? I asked my boyfriend Eddie & he said Tokyo. So I had 'angry.record.tokyo'. We were then asked to design a poster to communicate the adjective, noun and destination.

This is what i came up with. The image quality isn't very good because the poster is in a frame and it was hard to take a good photograph without the flash ruining it. My first idea was to make the Japanese (Tokyo is the capital of Japan, well some of you might not know...ha) flag using a record. I went on a 'white record' hunt round Newcastle and managed to find one, limited edition..so i was lucky. I then painted the middle to make it look like the Japanese flag. For the 'angry' part, I asked lots of people on a night out to look as angry as they could and let me take a photo of them. This formed my background.

In the weeks following this we were asked to come up with an idea for a shop based on the noun or verb we were given, i chose to take my noun 'record' and decided on creating a recording studio. When decided we were asked to design a moodboard for our chosen shop idea...



The next part of the project was to design a logo (when decided on a name) for your company. After much deliberation I decided on the name rec. for my recording studio with inspiration coming from the record button on a camcorder. This is the logo I designed, starting a corporate identity with the red and black, I chose red as that's the colour most record buttons are basically...

We were then asked to come up with a strapline (slogan) to fit with our company.
Again after much deliberation I came up with 'create it.play it.live it.'

Following this we were asked to design a materials board for the interior of our shop. I wanted to stick to my red, black and white corporate identity I had maintained so far...

(apologies for the bad angle, I was getting a horrible glare/reflection from the camera with or without the flash =()

We were then asked to design two (i found it hard to pick a final two, hence three below) posters to be displayed on the windows at the front of our shop, again keeping to the corporate identity & usuing imagery/text relating to our company...

 

Finally, we were given four days to come up with a storyboard of an idea for a TV opening credits for a programme about your company, I wanted mine to start with a black screen and have the words flashing up in lights...

No comments:

Post a Comment