Thursday 22 October 2009

manchester museum.

Today I went to Manchester Museum to look at the Egyptology exhibition to gain primary research for 'The Body' project.
I was wowed by how well the mummies exhibited were preserved.
Some were from around 700 BC! I loved looking at the mummies, their tombs, all the egyptian artifacts and reading about the mummification process and why the Egyptians thought it so important to preserve certain bodies. I think my visit has really helped me gain a better understanding of Egyptian Mummies and I feel a lot more confident with my project now I've gained this knowledge.
These are a few photographs I took at the exhibition.
They're not very good quality because you weren't allowed to take photographs and the woman looked scary, wasn't getting on the wrong side of her! haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment