Thursday 1 October 2009

food fight!









These are a series of images I made for an illustration project entitled 'The Feast'. I took inspiration from church murals that I saw in Padua & Venice by Giotto. I wanted to make them quite amusing so I had the idea to create a food fight between the angels and religious characters in the murals. I wanted to keep the people in the illustrations realistic and 'mural like' & the food quite 'pop arty'. I used a gold leafing effect on the illustrations which isn't really shown very well in the images above as I had to photograph them as they were bigger than a3. I also used an Italian ultramarine pigment in the background that I bought in Padua which is really vibrant in the illustrations but isn't really done justice in the images but you get the general idea! 

No comments:

Post a Comment